Chalice of the Ancients

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chalice of the Ancients

Blep.

4 posters

Act I - Soul

The Ancients
    Admin

Act I - Soul Empty Act I - Soul

Post by The Ancients Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Filler.
    Nyoros Grippa

Act I - Soul Empty Re: Act I - Soul

Post by Nyoros Grippa Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:18 pm

The sun was rising towards its apex, the time was nearly eleven for those that had clocks of some sort. The landscape was a dusty cobbled road cutting across a meadow that sat by a river, with a grey stone walled human city off in the distance. The weather was clear, and the birds chirped in the air, the fish swam in the stream...

Yet, all was not totally peaceful. The clanking of a set of armor met the air, a pitch black set of plate, complete with helmet and everything marched along with a shield and sword, the shield appeared scorched black, and the emblem upon its surface faded and what pieces could be made out resembled a man eating himself. Not an inch of skin could be seen from the armored abomination, only a few faint beams of a bluish glow that pierced through the connective chainmail parts where human joints would go. There was no man or woman inside the armor, yet it had an occupant. It was no mere animated armor either, for it had an ethereal occupant, guiding its movements.

Its target was clear though: an individual, passed out on the side of the road, coming off of a hallucinogenic high induced by a mysterious drug. It clanked and marched towards them, sword being readied to make a single decisive blow... And yet: there was one coming up on the scene with the ability to intervene, a swordsman himself, to clash blades with the mysterious being which had never yet been encountered... and was likely to leave quite a mystifying impression upon its defeat.
    Catten
    Catten

Post by Catten Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:21 pm

The serenity of nature belied the events unfolding at this particular stretch of road. The bubbling of the stream and the idle chirps and sounds of wildlife were not enough to drown out the harsh clanging of loosely connected plates and mail that sounded out into the air in an irregular fashion. The scorched suit of metal had no fluidity to it, no sense of rhythm or pacing as it shambled closer to the target it had sighted just off of the eroded and dusted road; the motionless person who laid strewn about in the grass and foliage, unresponsive to the suit that came to a stop before them and raised its weapon up, pointed straight down towards the person's back. As blackened and weathered and beaten as the broadsword was, it still had a sharp enough edge to cut through fabric and flesh.

The suit's arm jerked up to drive the blade down... Only to jerk and flail. The weapon and the forearm that wielded it took to the air for a very brief moment, arcing slightly in descent to the earth. Wisps and flames of blue emanated from the stub that remained, licking along the steel that cut through the gap of metal and links. The suit came to a stop, though the ethereal occupant didn't seem to mind its sudden lack of a forearm. It turned to face it's unannounced opponent, only to shamble and stumble back as a large rock was smashed against its chest piece, leaving a sizable dent where the crest had once proudly demonstrated itself. The damaged suit found its balance and brought its shield forward to deflect and counter...

...But the fight didn't last too much longer. The sound of metal puncturing metal wrenched through the air as the tempered weapon pushed through, then back out of the suit's front. The armor seized up, then jerked and rattled as a plume of blue light shot from the puncture and straight up into the sky, leaving the scorched mail to shake and fall apart to its many, many pieces on the earth, clattering and clanking in a pile as the helmet rolled a short distance away. The attacker, and likely savior of the unconscious individual took a few steps forward and planted their boot down on the rolling helmet, rotating it with a roll of the ankle to try and get a better look at the piece of armor as they bent down.

"I've seen drunkards put up better fights, but.." An cloth covered hand ran down along the visor of the helmet, smearing and wiping away the thick layers of ash that covered the metal. "...This looks like a ceremony suit at best. What was that?"
    Ayla Adwardin

Post by Ayla Adwardin Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:47 pm

The young looking woman, layed in the grass. Her silver bow, a stretch away from her, her arrows still strapped to her back. Her pale lilac hair, hiding her ears and face. Her pale skin cold, from the lying there from the night before. Her white dress dirty from her previous travels, a white shoe missing. Scrapes, and bruises on her arms and legs.
    The sound of clashing metal, managed to break through her deep slumber. She forced her pale purple eyes opened, she couldn't even manage to open them fully. She saw the stranger standing above her, but she couldn't move, couldn't make a cry for help. Her head spun, she felt sick to her stomach, and her body felt like jelly. Breathing was difficult for her. She was weak and vulnerable.
    She watched the quick battle. From what she could make out, she was being saved. After the battle, she opened her mouth to thank her rescuer, but no sound would come out.
    Catten
    Catten

Post by Catten Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:39 pm

While the woman was indeed safe from harm, she would notice that her rescuer was paying no attention to her. Of course, with her inability to speak or move, anyone could think that she was still unconscious in the grass. Still, it was an excellent opportunity for her to try and gather what senses. When she turned her head to try and thank whoever had saved her, she would find her gaze resting on a human male kneeling over a large pile of beaten and ash covered armor.

As the woman watched, she could see that he was dressed in someone's standard traveling attire, plain and simple in design: Cream colored tunic, with sleeves rolled back to the elbows, earthen colored leggings, and thick leather boots. A leather spaulder was fastened around the male's left shoulder, made of multiple pieces fastened together to create a ridged pattern. The straps wrapped around the male's shoulder and chest, and where the pieces meet was a rounded plate of metal to protect the vital organ behind it. A long, thin strap of cloth was bound tight around his left arm; an oddity, considering that his right was barren, revealing the sun kissed skin that adorned his body. Lastly, a small cowl was pulled down to rest loosely around his neck, revealing a tussle of thick, light brown hair that was left to fall naturally along his head and brow.

It was only a few minutes longer before the human finished his inspection, muttering quietly to himself as he brushed the ash off of his hands and shifted his focus to the fallen lady. He took a moment to glance over her form before rising up... And moving over to the bow, giving it a gentle kick away before settling before the woman before him. With a slight kneel, he reached out and grasped her shoulder, giving a gentle shake to see if her mind was aware.

"You're not hurt, are you?
    Ayla Adwardin

Post by Ayla Adwardin Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:53 am

The young woman felt the light of the sun burn her eyes. It took the young woman several minutes to realise she was on the side of a road, out in the open. Her "friends" no where in sight. She studied the pile of ash on the ground, a few flecks, dancing in the breeze. It was then, she realised how much danger she was in. Where is she? Where are her friends? How much sap did she take the night before? Where is her armor? Is this human from the human village she just got chased out of? Those were thoughts, that rattled through her head.

The way she landed in the grass, her hair hid her ears, a few strands in her face. Her hair long, styled with a few pleats. Her face had no colour to it, when there was always blushed cheeks. Apon closer inspection, the woman's dress had been ripped, exposing her shoulders. A little portion of a black tattoo showing, the dress covering the rest.

The woman, studied her hand, that had fallen rested by her face. She tried to wiggle her fingers, but only her thumb moved. She then realised she is actually holding a red leather pouch. More sap, and whatever money she had left. She felt a slight chill. The drugs must be starting to wear off. She sighed in relief.

She turned her attention back to the human that saved her. Watching him raise up, and walk out of her sight. She heard his foot make contact with her weapon, and she started to feel her heart speed up.
    When he came back, kneeling by her, she got a closer look at him, managed to study his face. She didn't realise how cold her body was, until he placed a hand on her shoulder. She felt the heat from his hand, as he gave her a little shake.

The gentle shake managed to disturb her resting hair, and it slid back, exposing her small pointed ear, decorated with a couple of jewels. She was an elf, and she felt her heart threatening to burst out her chest.
    When he spoke to her, she felt herself shiver. She opened her mouth to respond, but could only manage a whisper. She turned her gaze back at the ash, and shook her head weakly instead.
    Catten
    Catten

Post by Catten Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 pm

And all of those thoughts did not have an answer to them. At least, not immediately. Now that he was closer, the traveler took a few moments to glance over the woman's features and form, frowning a little at just how cold she was against the palm of his hand. Were it not for the slight rises and falls of her body, the human's thoughts would've taken a rather dark turn. Though, the state of her dress and the lack of certain accessories only gave more questions instead of answers. What had possibly happened to leave the woman out in the open all night long? Her equipment was still near her, and there weren't any signs of physical trauma... The human had a slight urge to check through her items to find other clues, though he quickly turned his head back over to the woman's hair when he saw a few glints in the corner of his vision. The traveler paused when he looked over the jewels, but more importantly, the pointed and angled ear that peeked out past the other's pale hair. Well, that did give him some possibilities to the elf's predicament.

When he saw her head give a slight little shake, he gave a quiet sigh and squeezed her shoulder. "I can see that, but I needed to ask." The human raised his gaze and looked at their surroundings. The elf's bow shone softly under the afternoon light, and the pile of metal flaked a little as the errant breeze picked up some of the ash that coated the platings. "You don't look to be worse for wear; do you at least have the strength to stand?"
    Ayla Adwardin

Post by Ayla Adwardin Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:29 pm

The elf looked up at the human as he studied her. When he asked her to stand, it took her a few moments to gather herself together, and took in a deep breath, she pushed herself up into a sitting position. She must've moved too quickly, as she felt dizzy, she put her head in her hand for a moment, still holding onto the pouch, she struggled, but managed to get to her feet. She felt her legs shake under her. It took a few moments for the world around her to stop spinning.

She looked about her for her missing shoe, but it was no where in sight, but she felt the grass under her foot, it was slightly warm from the sun's heat. "Thanks." she managed. Her legs still weak.

The elf went silent for a moment. "if you're from Stone bridge village, please don't take me back there. If I've stolen anything from you, give me a couple of days, and I'll pay it off." Her voice was a lot stronger now. "I'm so sorry, for all that I have done, but please, please don't take me back. They will kill me."
    Catten
    Catten

Post by Catten Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:40 am

When the elf girl began to shift and move onto her knees, the human glanced back at the bow he had kicked away. With a short stride, he made it over to the silver weapon and picked it up, knocking off the dirt and debris that may have accumulated on it over the night before hooking it over his right shoulder. Satisfied with how it balanced on his shoulder, he made his way back over to the woman, and, after she had managed to balance herself on her feet, reached out to hook an arm over around his neck. A quick look over the elf made it clear; She was going to need a new set of attire. With missing shoes and torn clothing, it was going to be rather difficult for anyone to look at her in a respectable fashion. Hopefully the girl had enough to cover the expenses on that front...

"No problem," The traveler shifted their weights to better support the unsteady lady as he took another look over their surroundings. The human made a motion to walk, though he stopped rather quickly when he heard the woman's voice. "Fancy yourself a thief, hmm?" There was a long pause from the human as he looked over the faint elf. "I don't know anything about a sticky fingered elf," The traveler mused aloud. "And even if I did, I've no reason to care." With a breath and another shift, he began to walk, supporting and carrying the lady as he did, towards the stone walls off in the distance. "Stonebridge is a good couple of days away. I've got no business there, and besides..." The faintest glint of a smile crossed the traveler's face. "If I wanted to 'take' you anywhere, I'd have bounded you up while you were still eating the dirt."
    Ayla Adwardin

Post by Ayla Adwardin Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:47 am

The silver bow, glistened in the light. Along further inspection it was carved in patterns and swirls. Hand crafted.

The elf shoved her pouch under her dress, by her breasts. When the stranger hooked her arm, and started to support her, she had a warm feeling. She chuckled. "I'm not proud of what I am" she paused, to look down. "Or what I've become.."

The elf's eyes widened for a moment, at the realisation. "A few days away? I didn't realise that I was that far." As the man began to walk, the elf tried to keep up with his footsteps. "I haven't had much sleep these past couple of days. I just kept travelling, to get far away as possible." Her steps were shaky at first, using the stranger for support, as much as she can. She chuckled at his words. "I suppose you would've, wouldn't you?" As they walked, she looked about her. "I was apart of this small group of theives, and I don't know where they are. Or if they're alive." She spoke in a worried tone.

As the two walked, she felt the dirt under her foot, warm and dry. She felt herself stealing her rescuer's body heat. "My name's Ayla, by the way." she said, "Ayla Adwardin."
    Catten
    Catten

Post by Catten Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:15 pm

Aware that the elf was still recovering from whatever had incapacitated her the night before, the traveler made sure to pace himself, his steps slow and deliberate so that the girl could keep up without having to worry about stumbling forward and onto the cobbled road. "World's bigger than you realize. Lose track of time, and you'll lose track of where you are." The human kept his hold around the elf as she spoke and murmured her situation to him. "You're worried about thieves." He quipped after picking up on the girl's tone, slowing his stride to a stop as he turned his head to look at her. "More importantly, you're worried about thieves who left you on the side of the road." There was a faint scowl on the human's visage as he took a moment to figure out his next words. "As I said, I don't really care as to what you did, or how you managed to get where you are. But I wouldn't exactly put my heart out to a crew who would sooner rob you naked if they could make coin from it." The traveler's eyes flit down, then up, a quick cursory glance over at the elf's tattered and incomplete outfit. "And you look like they tried to do just that." The sound of boots thumping against broken stone rose into the air once more as the traveler began to walk, shifting and rolling his shoulders as he hoisted the worn down elf's weight more comfortably against him as they walked. If she were paying a fair amount of attention, she could pick up an under the breath utterance; 'No honor among thieves.' After that, there was nothing but the sound of footsteps and nature as the two made their way towards the stony wall that oh so slowly came closer and closer into view, a reinforced watchtower positioned just so over the trees to provide its occupants a greater vantage point over the road leading in towards the gates.

"Andrew." Came the human's reply as the elf introduced herself.
    Ayla Adwardin

Post by Ayla Adwardin Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Ayla kept a good hold of the human, as every now and then, she could feel her knees buckle under her weight. She glanced down at her feet for a moment, as if to concentrate on keeping herself steady. She didn't want to make herself look completely helpless in front of this stranger, who was so nice to help her.

The elf sighed. "I wouldn't expect a complete stranger to care about my situation, but yet, you've rescued me." she looked at him and smiled. "Thank you though, I'm glad you did."

As the human looked down at her clothes, she then followed his gaze, seeing how bare she was. "I guess your right." she said, "I thought they were friends, but clearly, i thought wrong." she sighed. "I should really find a new job, or real friends, or even go home." she listed. She looked down, and gave out a quiet sigh, as she realised she was rambling on, to a stranger who already stated he didn't care.

Ayla fell silent, as she puzzled the events of the night before in her head, starting to make sense of it all. She looked at her feet, a hint of a smile passed her lips, as she felt herself start to warm up because of this stranger's body heat.

Ayla broke her gaze from her feet, to look ahead at this watchtower that came into her view. "Nice to meet you." she smiled.

Catten
    Catten

Post by Catten Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:12 am

"Yeah. I'm sure seeing a friendly face is a welcome one, even this close to town."

Nothing else was said as the traveler carried the recovering elf along the road straight towards the wall that grew ever closer with each step in their strides, the details of the weathered masonry and rotted beams becoming clear as the two of them closed the distance. The sun in the sky had shifted past its apex and just began to go westward in its path by the time elf and human eased through the gates. As they passed through the interior set of doors, a few guards cast brief glances over at the two as if they were assessing them as potential threats, glances the traveler returned in kind as they passed through and beyond the other side of the walls, which opened up into a long road of worn and aged homes and buildings, sparsely decorated and rather plain in appearance. A few fronts had signs hanging over or beside the doors, faded scriptures and words reading that through the doors were simple stores with simple wares, or the occasional fetcher who spent more time trying to stiff their clients than flipping enough coin to make their rent.

It went without saying: This town was not known for wealth or economic opportunity.
    Nyoros Grippa

Post by Nyoros Grippa Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:09 am

The town as they approached it had a large non-gated opening for people to go to and from it, a pair of guards standing there, lightly armored with a leather chestpiece and helmet, as well as metal boots and guantlets.. coupled with a pair of poleaxes. Your standard budged guard of course.

The walls of the town were reasonably high yet weathered made from cheaper stone, not something one could easily climb, though they lacked much fortification beyond a string of parapets along it, though no archers were actively upon it at the moment. The guards didn't give them much trouble... likely not spying Ayla's elven attributes as they passed right on by.

The town was fully encircled by the wall though,with buildings made of a combination mud brick and timber, some buildings with thatch roofing, others with wooden roofing. The pathway that led right on in was indeed lined with a few... lower quality stores... But it let out to a town square while sparse with humans, the amount going through the square was quite notable: no one seemed to stick around really. There really weren't all that many guards though running around: the town really was just a basic stop and go point for merchants travelling the country side.

A mage's practice stood out quite prominently among those higher end stores that lined the square, likely someone who could answer about the mystical oddity of an armor that Andrew had done battle with. Its sign was simple yet elegantly painted with bright brilliant colors, hanging high above the door, "Town Mage: Healing, Staves, Crystals And More!" Clearly it was the wealthiest commercial practice in the whole town: an easy feat for anyone actually accredited... Inside the shop was one or two people browsing, as well as the mage themselves, wearing the dark blue robe that was University standard uniform, a middle aged fellow, well taken care of, and a bit high and mighty.

As directly opposed to the prestigious accredited storage... a carriage parked there in the town square, a wooden box like body with a pair of tiny windows atop a basic suspension, with a little wooden door behind the spot where the driver and a spotter might sit... its horses possibly left outside of the town. Its coloring was gaudy, the windows with a faded golden paint, and its wooden body looking a little... weathered.

Sitting atop the wooden body of it, with a myriad of bottles, ingredients among other things was a man who fit the bill of a swindler, spouting off about his love potions, miracle cures, and more! He wore what would have looked like an alchemist's longcoat, though rather than the identifiable burnt orange worn as the standard uniform of the University alchemists, he wore a gray one, of the same water repellent material, the part of it that would normally hang over the thigh: was left into twisted shreds, blackened and burnt. His hair a black as dark as volcanic ash, a bit of a wild look in his blue eyes as he exchanged his goods for coins... occasionally taking a swig from a glass jar of an electric blue liquid.

Last edited by Nyoros Grippa on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Guard info)
    Ayla Adwardin

Post by Ayla Adwardin Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:28 am

As the two got closer to the gate, Ayla admired the walls, the gates. She saw the beauty in the crumbling looking walls.

As the two entered through the gate, and saw the guards, she put her head down, as she felt their eyes on them. Ayla began to feel a little paranoid, a little self conscious at her appearance. As they passed the guards, Ayla gave a quick look back over her shoulder at the guards. When she turned her gaze to look in front of her, she shook her hair to hide her pointed ears.

She doesn't know where she is, but noticed quite quickly that there weren't many people around. It put her a slight ease. As they walked through, the elf noticed some shops. Reading the signs out front, to see which ones she'd be able to pinch some clothes, maybe even a map to help her find a route back to her home. Ayla also kept a look out for any place where she could sit and eat, maybe even have a drink or two, an inn of some sorts. A place where maybe she could stay the night, maybe a decent bed. Even a few blankets on the floor would've been better than how she slept the night before. Not that she would remember if she slept well in the damp grass, due to the state she was in.

Catten
    Catten

Post by Catten Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Andrew's shoulders visibly slackened when he and Ayla had walked far enough in to distance themselves from the wandering gazes of the town guard. Letting out the anxious breath he had held within his lungs, Andrew took a second, more proper look around the road the duo were standing beside. The walls that rose up and over, hiding the horizon and wilderness from the folk it protected were, for lack of better terminology, worn down by a mix of weather steadily chipping away at the bricks and raw age. The stone looked cheap; not so much so that it couldn't brace its own weight when stacked and mortared, but it was clear from Andrew, and likely many others, that the stone consisted of blocks and chunks that were sifted to the side in pursuit of rocks that would have provided a much more sound construction. Still, Andrew had to give the architects and builders credit; They made a wall that could support itself and surround the entire town.

...Not that there was a lot worth protecting. From the mudbrick and thatch hovels, to the shops and establishments suffering from the beginning stages of wood rot, Andrew couldn't help but wonder; he was aware that this town was nothing more than a rest stop along the road to a more well established city, but even an agricultural community took more pride in its construction and integrity than this. Seeing as the only paths behind the walls led either around the perimeter, or furher in towards the center, the human gently let Alya go, confident that she could at least stand and walk on her own. After handing the elf her bow, he turned and made his way down towards the town square, humming softly to himself as he passed homes and little shops along the way. Something that was quickly brought to his attention was the lack of difference between the outer ring of the town and what laid further in.

There was no transition from mudbrick to log, from rotted out plank to even rough hewn cobble... And furthermore, the population was just as sparse further in as it was outside. Had there have been a raid on the town? Andrew was doubtful about that; the wall, while cheap in construction, was too weathered for it to be a recent build. He didn't notice any farms along the riverbed, so perhaps this place didn't have a steady source of resources to export. But the town was located downstream, and some of these shops did show a modicum of extravagance, so there had to be some economic opportunity. Every time Andrew came to a possibility on how odd the town's state was, he always found some nuance that eliminated it. Aside from theft, greed, and scamming, which a town this size couldn't possibly support long term, there was no reason for the little rest stop could be so dilapidated...

Andrew's wandering mind came to a stop when he slowed down beside a particularly bright set of signage. "Town Mage," He murmured, reciting the words painted on the thick slab of wood propped up firmly above the shop entrance. Turning his head slightly, Andrew glanced over at the building, a bit surprised that the storefront was not only clean and presentable, but well built despite its simple design. If there was anyone who would help in this town... The human made his way towards the door propped slightly ajar, glancing to the side as he overheard a bunch of shouting about potions, miracle tinctures, and various other things. There weren't a lot of people clamoring around the impromptu vendor, and Andrew could see why. While the alchemist donned similar attire as most University students, everything about him said otherwise. The lack of proper coloration, the frenetic movement and peddling, the blatant drinking... Maybe this town was nothing more than a bunch of scammers and beggars. Huh. With a roll of the eyes, Andrew pressed his hand against the thick oak door, and pushed it open to peer and step inside.
    Nyoros Grippa

Post by Nyoros Grippa Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:12 am

Ayla would be able to find some clothing and quick food rather easily, though it wasn't the best quality, at least, what was so accessible: easily gleaning as she moved along about how people who had gone outside of the town had gone missing, nothing in depth, just gossip between people: how a merchant that was due to reach town never showed... how a farm not far away had been broken into and those that lived there missing... it at least painted a picture about the weathered town: it was suffering from a string of disappearances from those that went along outside of the walls... an utter bane for a town that relied on being a nightly stop point for merchants. Speculation on why the disappearances was all over the place... from drunkenness to elves to undead to beastmen and more... while the town didn't have a Paladin presence: it wasn't the most enlightened of the bunch.

Inside the town mage's store: it was well set up, a clear monopoly on such wares most likely. Various capes for sale for coping with mild heat or cold with inlaid crystals hanging from racks... various books regarding mystical creatures and plants set upon shelves... shields, clubs, and other 'poor man's' weaponry and farming tools with bits of enchantments to make them sturdier and more durable.... among other things. It was clear the mage knew his audience's needs: given there was actually several customers inside, inspecting bits of merchandise, testing the heft of tools or trying on the capes.

And the mage stood in the middle of the room, with a full wrap around counter made of a more ornate wood encircling him, a ladder propped in the center leading up to the floor above beside him, likely to his personal quarters... he was exactly what you'd expect from a university mage: a tan robe with a hood (that wasn't up) with metal inlays holding magical crystals on the extremities of the outfit... a rather aging man: likely about 50 judging off the wrinkles of his face, and the small smile on his face with ever so small hints of smug pride. His staff: a white wooden pole with a small cornucopia of magical crystals on the end with golden metal braces on each floated alongside him, likely an 'air' type enchantment on it.

The mage bowed his head briefly to the swordsman, "Welcome. If you have any questions about merchandise, do not hesitate to ask. My knowledge of the arcane is unmatched in these parts." He spoke, clearly educated, a true graduate of the University.
    Ayla Adwardin

Post by Ayla Adwardin Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:46 am

As Andrew let Ayla go, she felt her legs wobble a little, before getting her balance. She gave of a soft smile, as he gave the elf her bow back. She watched as he walked away, before looking around at her surroundings. She had never been in such a worn down looking town.

As Ayla looked around, she noticed a clothing shop. The brickwork starting to crumble like the towering wall, surrounding the town. The shop's sign was hanging by a corner, looking as if a strong enough gust of wind, would take it away. Ayla made her first stop there. For her first few steps, she used her bow as a walking stick, until she felt like she was strong enough. By the time she was at the door, she swung her bow around her shoulders.

Ayla stepped into the shop, and the shop keeper was a little old lady. Looking as tattered and old as her shop. She was sitting behind the shop's counter, arms crossed and head down. She was asleep. Her grey curls, hiding her face.

The inside of the shop, matched the outside. Old. The wooden floor felt damp underneath her bare foot. Clothes were on racks, shelves. Even though, the inside looked old, the clothes and the layout of the shop was well looked after. Everything had its own place.

Ayla quietly moved around the shop, looking for something to change into. There was not much to look at however, but anything was better than her current attire. She found herself a mid sleeve dark green woolen top, simple looking grey bottoms. Brown leather boots, and a long hooded jacket. It was made from a lightweight fabric, a similar brown to her boots. Her red money pouch strapped onto a black belt.

Ayla went into the small changing room that was provided, and changed. She instantly felt a lot warmer. The outfit will do until they get into the next town, where there might be better quality clothes.

As she stepped out of the changing room, she made her way to the door, old clothes in hand, bow strap on shoulder. She stopped at the door, and looked back at the old sleeping woman. She sighed as guilt hit her gut. She walked back to the old woman, and gave her the money for the outfit and more. As she was back at the door she heard a gasp. "Thank you, miss" Ayla turned to see the old woman smiling widely, holding the money.

"No, thank you." Ayla smiled at the woman, and pulled her hood up, before walking out the door, tossing her old clothes in the bin.

Ayla made it her next task to find herself some food and water. She felt so much better now, that she was decently dressed, and her ears were hidden away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:54 pm